18 January 2010

project 365 - photos i would have missed


i'm well into my fourth week of my project 365 for 2010 and i thought it might be a good idea to post some photos from my 2009 project 365 album. i talked a little bit about this project here, but probably the most important thing this project did for me was getting me in the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere. everywhere...i hardly ever leave home without it now. and i don't even carry it in my camera bag anymore - i just carry it in my purse. in my purse its more accessible and i'm much more likely to pull it out.

as i was going through my 2009 album i realized that some of the pictures in the album that were my favorites also happen to be photos that i could have never captured had i not been in the habit of having my camera with me. below are eight of them and perhaps they can be the inspiration for one of your 2010 picture-of-the-day....



i snapped this photo on my way home from work on evening last january. i was stopped at a stop light and glanced in my rear view mirror and this is what i saw....because my camera sitting beside my on the passenger seat in my purse i was able to grab it and take this picture.



i snapped this photo on saturday morning when my parents came up for a visit. we all decided to go to the mall and this was taken as we were walking across the parking lot. i watched from behind as blake coordinated the holding of both hands and was so glad i got that little moment captured....



my three guys after lunch on sunday. we had just finished and decided to walk around the corner to see if the ice cream shop was open. i love this picture because i rarely get them all three in the same shot....



this was another in-the-car-stopped-at-a-stoplight shot. we happened to look over and see this little dog riding on a motorcycle. needless to say the boys thought this was hilarious and continued to talk about it for days afterward....



another one of my favorites from this project....i was taking my boys for a haircut in the downtown area of our town. we were walking down the sidewalk with the afternoon sun at our backs and i looked down and saw our shadows, pulled out my camera and snapped away!



this one was snapped at the grocery store. again because i had my camera out i snapped this shot of both of them in one of those vechicle carts that i hate pushing through the aisles at the grocery store...but it keeps them occupied and quite for a few minutes....



this photo was from our local ymca family night...all three of my guys in a relay race!



and this is a photo i snapped at our local petsmart when michael and i went to buy him some fish. he had just asked the sales associate how you tell the difference between a girl fish and a boy fish and the associate is doing his best to point out the differences....

No comments:

Post a Comment