08 November 2009

boys and their grandpas


my boys and i paid a visit to my parents this weekend. they live about 2.5 hours away so we just went for one night - a quick visit but the boys and the grandparents had fun. good family time.

sometime on saturday after our arrival i snapped this photo of blake sitting in his grandpa's lap. i love how blake has his head on my dad's shoulder and is just so comfortable sitting right where he is. they are discussing the wonders of a recent hot wheels purchase and grandpa is trying to fix a piece that snapped off. an innocent moment captured because i happened to have my camara beside me and decided to pick it up.

then when i saw the image on my computer last night the first thing that popped into my head was a picture i have of my dad and his grandfather. another innocent, everyday moment between a boy and his grandfather captured with a camera. and now a special connection to my past perfectly linked to my present.....

No comments:

Post a Comment