19 November 2009

ten things i'm "fankful" for right now


next week brings thanksgiving – a time to reflect on all the things that we are grateful for and to appreciate all the blessings in our lives. i was watching sprout with my littlest one last night and the topic was thanksgiving and what it means to be thankful. so i asked him what he was thankful for and without hesitation he said “my fankful for me (pointing to himself) and my fankful for dinner”. he’s three so i’m not quite sure if he really gets the whole thankful thing, but i thought those were some pretty good answers!! so for this weeks ten things thursday, i’m going to list ten things that i’m especially "fankful" for right now….

1. my two little ones. even when they are fighting with each other, arguing with each other, wrestling with each other, fussing about having to do homework, talking back and even yelling for me from across the house. so very thankful that they are happy and healthy.

2. my hubby. even though he yells for me from across the house too.

3. that i am an american!

4. the men and women in our military - past and present - who make such an amazing sacrifice for our freedom every day.

5. our home. even though the only time it is ever quiet is late at night when everyone is asleep.

6. my job and all the good people i work with every day.

7. the amazing strength and courage of my dear friend who is battling leukemia. she's working so hard to kick the @$%& out of all those cancer cells.

8. having the opportunity to spend quality time with my parents and watch them be grandparents to my little guys.

9. the rest of my extended family, all of which i know are only a phone call away if needed.

10. the fact that i'm happy and content and feeling like i'm right where i'm suposed to be right now.

so many blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely list. I feel gratitude for a lot of the same things, just no kiddos yet!

    ReplyDelete